A promise is unreliable; yet, intentions are powerful.
Promises only work until circumstances change and you have to break them. Each of us can think of an example where we either broke a promise or should have. Think about it:
- If you promise someone you’ll do something and then they stab you in the back, will you do it anyway?
- If you tell someone you’re going to call them, do you call every time?
- When you’ve promised yourself you’ll eat a certain way, exercise, or stop being stressed out, have you kept your promise 100% of the time?
In order to hit your goals, some people suggest you set ‘smart’ goals. Yet, even with the right goals in place, circumstances may change your level of motivation, as you prioritize your life.
So, this year, rather than ‘promise’ yourself you’re going to do something or hit a particular goal, set an intention. Set the intention to feel your best, to hit a particular goal within a given time frame, and to love your body and mind in a way you never have before. Set the intention to be drawn to the healthiest and happiest choices, and to be able to reprogram your body and mind to seek more of the choices that make you happy and feel love.
- If you’re a thinker, close your eyes, think really hard on your decision, make it the focal point of your mind, and allow this thought to become louder than all the rest. Hone in on it, and feel your thought.
- If you’re a feeler, close your eyes and imagine the feeling of living with your intention realized. Really feel it. Where in your body do you feel this relief? Where do you feel the happiness? What else does it feel like? Describe the feeling to yourself, and remember it as home base.
- If you’re someone who’s pretty deep, close your eyes and connect the feeling you have — when thinking of your intention realized — to an element of nature. For example, you might feel a sense of ‘calm pride’ when you are making healthy choices throughout the day that lead to your happiness, and you might imagine connecting this feeling to a tree, or grass in a park, or clouds in the sky. This way, each element of nature has the ability to anchor you to a particular feeling.
Intentions can be set in a variety of ways. The key is to make the moment you are setting an intention important, in a way that is relevant for your body and mind. The more you can see, feel, and think your intention, the better. It’s like planting a seed in your subconscious mind to automatically seek whatever you are choosing to become your life.
Today’s thought exercise
If given the opportunity to plant 3 ‘subconscious seeds’ today — and have them automatically grow into beautiful flowers that represent your ideal reality — what thoughts or feelings will those seeds represent?
Sent to you with love, honor, and in service,
Dr. Kareem Samhouri
Dr. Kareem Samhour is known as (perhaps) the best Doctor of Physical Therapy & Kinesiologist on the internet. People come to him for results when other methods fail, injury gets in the way, or health situation is more complicated. Dr. Kareem Samhouri exercising In fact, he and his companies reach a combined total of 1.5 MILLION people on a daily basis to help them with their health. If you ever saw Dr. Kareem on the street and mentioned something was going on with your health, however, he would volunteer and offer to help you for free... that's the Dr. Kareem way.