The do-gooder will never live up to potential, and you’ll constantly find yourself frustrated, angry, resentful, or dismissive.
Yet, I allow myself to feel ‘frustration from expectation’ at times, and it never seems like the right call in hindsight.
- Identify I had an expectation that led to how I feel.
- Remind myself that I’m learning patience.
- Think of a way to get the result I want without having an expectation (likely, doing it myself)
- Accept that doing it myself or getting it done another way preserves health, relationships, and love.
- Choose the path that preserves health, relationships, and love.
Next time you find yourself frustrated with someone, consider whether or not you had an expectation and how it’s serving you. Try this exercise and see how you feel. I suspect you’ll find you’re enjoying yourself a lot more.
I’m so grateful for you,
Dr. Kareem Samhouri
Dr. Kareem Samhour is known as (perhaps) the best Doctor of Physical Therapy & Kinesiologist on the internet. People come to him for results when other methods fail, injury gets in the way, or health situation is more complicated. Dr. Kareem Samhouri exercising In fact, he and his companies reach a combined total of 1.5 MILLION people on a daily basis to help them with their health. If you ever saw Dr. Kareem on the street and mentioned something was going on with your health, however, he would volunteer and offer to help you for free... that's the Dr. Kareem way.